Preparing a Vehicle for Long-Term Storage
What to do Before Storing Your Car Long-Term
Wondering what to do before storing your car long-term? We’ve created a list of tips for drivers putting their vehicle in storage for an extended period of time.
Read More: Tips and Tricks for Effective Windshield Sticker Removal
Tips for Long-Term Vehicle Storage
- Store your vehicle in a dry area, as damp air can cause rust.
- Completely fill the gas tank to reduce the risk of internal rust.
- Disconnect the car’s battery.
- Cover the vehicle with a high-quality car cover.
- Change the car’s oil.
- Wash and wax the vehicle.
Need to take your vehicle in for automotive service? Matt Castrucci Honda can help drivers in the Dayton, OH area with all their maintenance and repair needs. Schedule a service appointment using our online scheduling tool.