To use the technology in your vehicle, you first need to learn how it works. In the case of the 2018 Honda Accord, there are a lot of useful tech features to be aware of. Bluetooth®, for instance, allows you to connect your vehicle wirelessly to your phone and make calls or stream music through the vehicle’s infotainment system. Follow the instructions below to pair your compatible iPhone with the 2018 Honda Accord.
7 Steps to connect your iPhone to the 2018 Accord via Bluetooth®
- On your iPhone, navigate to settings, choose Bluetooth®, and ensure Bluetooth® is turned on.
- On the Accord display, press Phone on the right side.
- Press Connect Phone then choose Connect New Device.
- Select OK (as long as your phone’s Bluetooth® is turned on).
- Your phone should show up on the list of Available Devices. Select it.
- Verify the code on your phone and the vehicle display match.
- Press Accept or OK on your iPhone.
At this point, your phone will prompt you to add and sync the contacts from your phone. You can choose whether or not you’d like to do this. If this is your primary vehicle or one that you’ll be driving fairly often, then we recommend you sync your contacts. This will allow the vehicle to recognize anyone who is calling you as well as let you make calls using the voice recognition system.
If you have any questions or run into issues during the pairing process, feel free to get in touch with our team at Matt Castrucci Honda or reach out to your local Honda dealer.
More from Matt Castrucci Honda:
2019 Honda Accord Safety Features & Driver Aids
Does the 2019 Honda Accord have blind-spot monitoring? Sedans like the 2019 Honda Accord are perfect ...read more